Enable Third Party Launchers And Remove Existing Remix Theme Launcher Without Root


Hi, There Friends. Yesterday When I Was Using Remixos, I Installed Some Games. However, I Saw An Advertisement Of A Launcher. And Thought How About Replacing The Existing RemixOS Theme Launcher And Install A New Launcher. My Favourite Launcher Is Nova Launcher & Evie Launcher. So I Downloaded It, After Installation, A Prompt Came Up Showing "Third Party Launcher Disabled". That Means No Other Launcher Will Be Installed Except The Built-In One.


 I Installed Few Other Launchers But No One Works. Then I Uninstalled all Those Installed Launchers.
I Googled This Issue, Most Of The Results I Found were Needed To Root RemixOS.
After A Long Searching, I Found The Correct Way Of Installing Third Party Launcher Without Root.
This Process Is Extremely Simple. All You Need Is To Follow These Simple Steps:

STEP I - Open Settings Then Select Experimental Features



STEP II -Then Enable the Toggle for Shortcut Keys for Terminals, Which Open Terminal With Pressing alt+f1 And Exit It With alt+f7.



STEP III - Once You Enabled It You Have To Type This Code:

pm disable com.jide.apppolicy
And Then Press Enter


pm disable com.jide.filelauncher
And Then Press Enter

pm disable com.android.launcher3
And Then Press Enter

STEP IV – Once You Finished The Step III , Press alt+f7 To Exit Terminal.
STEP V – Now You Will See A Blank Home Screen (If You Hadn’t Installed Any Launcher Yet.) Then Go To Play Store And Install Any Launcher You Want, You Can Also Install Launchers From Your Storage If You Have.APK Backup Of The Launcher.


                          Now You Have Installed You Favorite Launcher In Remix OS.

(YOU CAN ALSO INSTALL MORE THAN ONE LAUNCHER. BUT WHEN YOU DO THAT, REMIXOS IMMIDEITALY TAKE YOU TO THE DEFAULT LAUNCHER SETTING. WHERE, YOU HAVE TO CHOOSE ANY ONE DEFAULT LAUNCHER, YOU CAN CHANGE DEFAULT LAUNCHER ANY TIME IN YOUR SETTING.)



Comments

  1. Brilliant! Thank you :-) . I was stuck on this for HOURS

    ReplyDelete
  2. doesn't work anymore... unknown package error

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, After The New Update Of remix OS, this feature had been removed.. but they've added homescreen of marshmallow. all you've to do is to update remix wifi network app from playstore

      Delete

Post a Comment